Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mattox Update 35 weeks

As of tomorrow, I'll be at 35 weeks with Mattox. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. I really can't believe we only have about a month left until he's here!
Last week, we had an ultrasound to determine his current weight and head size to help us decide if we could attempt a VBAC or go ahead and schedule a c-section. Here's what we found out:
  • At 34 weeks, he weighed 5 lbs 15 oz.

  • He measured at 35 weeks 4 days gestation (so a week and a half early!)

  • His head size was in the 84th percentile and overall growth was in the 71.6 percentile

  • His legs were in the 37th percentile (which we thought was funny. Like Cooper, he will have a big head, broad shoulders and short little legs!)

  • The ultrasound tech said that he was on track to be at least a 9 lb baby by 40 weeks

  • He's already head down and is no longer breech.
So...since Cooper was over 8 lbs and was two weeks early and we had to do a c-section because of his size, I'm assuming Mattox will be the same way. We haven't seen the Dr. yet, but I'm assuming he will think the same thing as I do and we will schedule a c-section instead of try a VBAC. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm not going to risk laboring just to end up in c-section anyway.
Here are some pictures of his ultrasound.
The best picture we could get of his face. He wasn't really cooperating. You can see his foot by his eye. Nonetheless, I think he looks like Cooper.

Making a fist!

His little baby foot! Just too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment