Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mattox Update

As of today, I am 29 weeks pregnant with Holland Baby#2, who we are going to name Mattox Robert Holland. The pregnancy so far has gone great. I am blessed with little to no morning sickness and I have had plenty of energy during the day. I'm starting to slow down a little since it's the third trimester, but I'm still able to keep up with Cooper and do everything that I've always done. Mattox kicks ALL the time. It seems like he is constantly moving. The kicks are lower than with Cooper and I've had less heartburn and NO rib-burn (which has been WONDERFUL!).

I've been asked a lot if we have decided to do a c-section or try for a VBAC. Here is the plan so far. Mattox's due date is May 5th. At 36 weeks (middle April), we are going to schedule another ultrasound to try to determine his current weight and headsize. For those of you who didn't know, I had to have a c-section with Cooper because he was a big baby (8lb 4oz) with a BIG head. We are hoping that Mattox isn't as big as his older brother. To date, I haven't gained nearly as much weight as I did with Cooper, so maybe that's a good sign. The Dr. suggested scheduling a c-section for the week of our due date and if Mattox decides to come earlier, than we will try a VBAC and let him come on his own. That would be my preference anyway. We shall soon see what God's plan is for this little boy.

As far as planning goes, we haven't done much because we really don't have much to do. The boys will share a bedroom and we have already moved Cooper into a toddler bed and set up the crib so it's ready for Mattox. I've bought odds and ends of things (new pacifier's, teethers, a couple of toys, etc.) but we don't really need anything big because we were blessed with everything we need from when Cooper was born. Here is a picture of me today. I'm carrying that baby right out front. Just like I did with Cooper.



No comments:

Post a Comment